America is facing an obesity crisis.
• About one-third of children and adolescents ages 6 to 19 are considered to be overweight or obese.
• More than 1 in 6 children and adolescents ages 6 to 19 are considered to be obese.
• Young children ages 2 to 5 have a lower prevalence of overweight and obesity than older youth.
• Among young people ages 2 to 19 about 31.8 percent are considered to be either overweight or obese, and 16.9 percent are considered to be obese.
• Among children and adolescents ages 6 to 19 almost 1 in 3 (33.2 percent) are considered to be overweight or obese, and 18.2 percent are considered to be obese.
At Bright Futures Academy, we work with our families to ensure children have access to nutritious breakfast and lunch options. BFA will:
Coordinate with the School District of Palm Beach County to provide lunches approved by the National School Lunch Program.
Provide applications and assistance to families in need of applying for the Federal Free and Reduced Lunch Program.
Provide students and families with healthy breakfast and lunch ideas through our website.
Provide students, staff and families with free organic produce grown in the schools educational garden.